About this watch
There are over 4 billion years of history on your wrist with this dial made of an extraterrestrial rock called Muonionalusta. This meteorite blasted into the Earth atmosphere some four ice ages ago into an area north of the Arctic circle. To make the dial, special machining and treatment is required to reveal the distinctive characteristic of this iron meteorite. The beautiful equilateral triangles that create the Widmanstätten pattern is a result of very slow cooling over millions of years, whereas the crystalline structure of the minerals within the core of the asteroid changes. Since the textures are organic and cannot be artificially reproduced, each single dial is a completely unique piece. Limited to just 50 pieces, this watch features a highly precise COSC-certified Swiss Automatic movement. It comes with the same tested and proven patented features as the popular Essence lineup, such as the Case Suspension System and a folding clasp made of carbon fiber, with a unique fine-adjustment system that perfectly adapts to the wrist’s ever changing size due to heat and humidity.
- Robust. It may take on the look of an elegant evening watch, but the Essence carries the Formex reputation for sporty durability.
- Luxurious. Hand-finished with undiluted passion, the Essence is crafted with an execution only found in high-end timepieces. The movement's accuracy has been tested and certified by COSC, the official Swiss Testing Institute for Swiss Chronometer.
- Comfortable. Our patented Case Suspension System and carbon fiber composite clasp with patented Fine Adjustment System adapt to your wrist movements and daily adventures.
- Bold. Above a complex construction lies an elaborate case with brushed stainless steel and mirror polished bevels. The dial is made of an iron meteorite, revealing its characteristic pattern of equilateral triangles.
- Yours. You don’t have to sit in the lap of luxury to put something luxurious on your wrist. Our direct-to-consumer approach means you'll get high quality watches at a fraction of the cost of any comparable Swiss timepiece.
- Limited Edition
- Swiss Made Automatic Movement
- Patented Case Suspension System
- Patented Micro-Adjustment System
- Tool-Free Change Of Straps/Bracelet
- Sapphire Crystal
- Anti-Reflective (Ar) Coating
- Transparent Case Back
- Water Resistance 10 Bar
- SOLD OUT
- STAINLESS STEEL
We back our watches with a 3-Year international warranty. In the rare case of a malfunction or a movement defect, you can contact us and send your watch back free of charge and we’ll repair it for you within 2 weeks.
Formex is dedicated to online payment security. We do not store any of your payment information. We offer payment solutions tailored to your shipping destination. Please proceed to checkout to view your local payment options.
Free Express Delivery
All watch prices already include free shipping worldwide. As soon as we have processed your order, you will receive a tracking number to follow your package. Expect your watch within 2 business days within Europe, or within 3 business days for overseas orders. If for any reason you think it’s not the right fit, you can return your watch free of charge. If you contact us before returning or exchanging your watch, we’ll even have your shipping expenses covered.
All our watches are designed, developed and assembled in-house at our headquarters in Biel-Bienne, Switzerland and meet the current, more strict Swiss Made requirement, which entered into force on January 2017. Every single piece undergoes a variety of quality and functionality controls, before making it to your wrist.